Flu Vaccination Training
About the training course
Includes a face-to-face workshop and online training.
Flu vaccination services have been widely commissioned from community pharmacies over the last few years. NHS England has determined that pharmacists providing the Flu Vaccination Service need to attend face-to-face training for both injection technique and basic life support training every two years. Pharmacists who will provide the Flu Vaccination Service must therefore complete practical training in vaccination that meets the requirements relevant to the role. This training workshop will provide you with the skills and training required to deliver this service.
Is it right for me?
Suitable for all level of skills: new entrants, those who have delivered less than 20 vaccinations and for those who wish to refresh their skills.
The face-to-face component of the course is a 4-hour workshop run by an experienced specialist vaccinator who will cover the following:
• Intramuscular (I.M.) Injection technique.
• Sub-cutaneous (S.C.) Injection technique.
• Intranasal (I.N.) immunisation technique.
• Reconstitution technique.
• Full guidance and demonstration on Anaphylaxis/CPR and a competency test. Certificate of competence issued upon successfully completing the course.
Additionally, pharmacists are required to complete the online training portion of the course, which will cover:
• Private PGDs including; Influenza, Hepatitis B, Meningitis ACWY, Pneumococcal PPV and Pneumococcal PCV.
• Full access to information on hubnet.io which covers guides for; Influenza, Hepatitis, Meningitis, SOPs, Customer Questionnaire, How to set up your Vaccination Clinic, Promoting your Service, FAQs and Needle Stick Injury.
• HD video clips on immunisation knowledge and revelant techniques.
Select your preferred date/time:
Holiday Inn London – Wembley, Empire Way, Wembley HA9 8DS